Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Monday - Eric Schmidt vs Steve Jobs or Google vs Apple

First I read about Apple pulling Google Voice from IPhone, couple of hours later I found that FCC is already on top of this case (FCC sent letters to Apple requesting details and explanations) and now I found that Google's Eric Schmidt resigns from Apple.

I am not sure if this these are all simply co-incedents, but knowing how much money Google spent on lobbying I am not surprised that FCC is reacting right away.

I tried Google Voice before on Verizon blackberry, and liked the way you can use free SMS messaging, call screening, voicemail to email and good international rates. I completely understand why ATT would not want that on their network, but I guess they will have to open up and COMPETE.

No comments:

Post a Comment